• 3wisemonkeys reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions without notice to you the customer in relation to future sales.
Your Order - Conditions of Acceptance
• When you complete an order online with 3wisemonkeys, payment is instantly released by your card issuer, & automatically accepted by our payment gateway provider on behalf of 3wisemonkeys. You should then receive invoice & order confirmation e-mails from 3wisemonkeys. However, the acceptance of funds/your receipt of these e-mails doesn't constitute an acceptance of the order or a guarantee of despatch of goods.
• Your order (including payment) will be treated as an offer to purchase from 3wisemonkeys, acceptance of which is indicated only when 3wisemonkeys ship the goods. Up until the point of despatch 3wisemonkeys reserves the right to decline to issue your order and to process a full refund. Once we despatch the order (and at no time prior to this) 3wisemonkeys enter into a legally binding agreement with you the customer regarding said order.
• Despatch of orders is conditional upon (among other things) stock availability. For each product stock availability is indicated online. However, 3wisemonkeys cannot always guarantee the strict real time accuracy of online stock status. The notes should be taken as a general indication only. If for any reason an order for an item or items advertised as IN STOCK at the time of purchase later turns out to be out of stock 3wisemonkeys will inform the customer ASAP. Where supply is delayed or prevented by reasons beyound our control we will make every effort to keep you informed but shall be under no liability to you for such delay or failure.
• All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. If the issuer of your payment card authorises payment but returns failures on some or all of the credit checks run against your order 3wisemonkeys reserves the right to delay despatch pending satisfactory resolution (to be determined by 3wisemonkeys) of the security issue.
• Your order will as standard be despatched to the delivery address that you supply when placing said order. However in order to ensure prompt delivery our courier may try to leave the goods in the care of a neighbouring address where no-one is available at the delivery address. If you would like to specify particular neighbours that you do or don't want the driver to try, or if you would like to request that the driver only delivers to the address on the parcel please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP after the order is placed and before it is despatched.
For full details on delivery please check our Help pages.
Cancelling an Order
• The following applies specifically to your right to cancel & return simply because you have changed your mind about keeping all/some of the goods ordered. If there is another reason for wishing to return goods (fault/damage on delivery etc) please refer to the applicable details about returns policy in our Help pages.
• Under the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 (which have replaced Distance Selling Regulations) you have the legal right to cancel your online order at any time within 14 days following delivery of the order to you (and to return the goods to the seller as unwanted.)
• If you wish to excercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them. Goods must be returned to 3wisemonkeys at your own cost, promptly, and in or with their original retail packaging before we can issue any refund. 3wisemonkeys will aim to process your refund within 5 or fewer working week days as standard (and failing that not more than 14 consecutive days) of receipt of the returned goods.
• To excercise your cancellation rights, you must inform us of your descision to cancel your contract by a clear statement including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and (where applicable) your phone number and e-mail address. Please do not return goods without confirmation of our receipt of your request to cancel. We can't accept/action cancellation requests if we have not received them - where we receive them we will formally acknowledge requests.
• For further information on our procedure for cancelling an order after delivery & returning goods as unwanted/unsuitable please refer to the returns sub-section of our Help pages.
• All goods supplied by 3wisemonkeys are warranted free from fault for 12 months from the date of receipt by the customer (unless otherwise stated in our website product details). This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a customer. If goods develop a fault during the 12 month warranty period you should follow the returns procedure outlined in the Returns Information section of the Help pages.
• In some cases where a faulty product is reported 3wisemonkeys may advise you to contact the manufacturer directly as they offer customized end user warranties and in some cases on-site replacement and are therefore better placed to resolve any problems.
• The warranty conditions do not apply to any fault arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than in accordance with its intended use, failure to follow the manufacturer’s or Supplier’s instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without the Supplier’s prior written approval.
• Any applicable collection of faulty goods and/or delivery of repaired/replacement units under warranty will only be made from/to addresses on the UK mainland (as per the delivery of the original purchase.) In the event that you need to return an item under warranty from outside the UK mainland you will need to make your own separate arrangements & payment for shipping to and from the UK mainland.
• A replacement/repaired unit issued under warranty is not a new order and will not have a separate warranty beginning from the date of receipt. Instead a replacement/repaired unit counts as a "continuation in the life cycle" of the original purchase, covered for the warranty period remaining on the original purchase.
Website Content & Information Control
• Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this Web site are directed solely at consumers who access this Web site from the United Kingdom. 3wisemonkeys makes no representation that any product referred to in the materials on this Web site is appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
• 3wisemonkeys will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order secure; we will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you.
• 3wisemonkeys has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this Web site, however we cannot guarantee uninterrupted and totally reliable access to this Web site and so, therefore, cannot guarantee that the information will always be completely up to date and free of mistakes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, 3wisemonkeys disclaims all warranties; express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this Web site and will accept no liability for any loss or damage arising as a result of problems with access.
• Product images are for illustrative purposes only.
Information on the Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive)
What is the WEEE Directive?
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
• Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
• Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
What does the crossed out wheelie bin symbol mean?
All Electronic and Electrical Equipment (EEE) placed onto the market from January 2, 2007 must be marked with the symbol below to indicate that it is covered by the WEEE Directive, the provisions of which require that producers or manufacturers of EEE become liable to pay for take-back treatment and recycling of end of life equipment (WEEE):
What are 3wisemonkeys.co.uk's obligations according to the WEEE Directive?
3wisemonkeys is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us. If you would like 3wisemonkeys to collect WEEE from you on this basis please get in touch with us to request this no later than 24 hours after placing an order with us (refer to the website contacts page for our phone number and e-mail addresses.)
• Our liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the goods and/or related shipping charges where applicable.
If you would like more information about the terms and conditions of this site please do not hesitate to contact us. If you have any queries with regards to your order, please email email@example.com
Privacy - How we use your information
• Placing an order with us entails submitting personal data to 3wisemonkeys (for example your name, phone number, postal address and email address). You may also choose to submit feedback, add to the reviews on our site or take part in market research we carry out on site.
• This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
o process your order
o provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service which includes contacting you in the event of problems with your purchase and/or its delivery
o help fraud prevention i.e. our payment gateway provider runs checks against card and address details with card issuing banks. We reserve the right to refuse orders that fail all or any of these checks.
o learn about what our customers want: Any extra information we ask for/you provide helps us to understand our customers better - we think that it is important to keep improving our service. We also learn about our customers by tracking their movements around the site and collecting information about buying habits. Individuals are not identified but the results of customers' shopping habits and preferences of using the site are analysed en masse.
o from time to time we may include you in e-mail shots about new products, services and promotions.
• By making an order and/or voluntarily submitting your data you agree to this use.
• Sharing data: We do not pass on your personal details for marketing purposes to any third parties.
What to do if you do not want to receive any marketing information from us
• If you have not placed an order with us, thereby becoming an ‘existing customer’, set up an account on our website, subscribed to our free e-newsletter, submitted feedback/reviews or taken part in our market research you will not receive any e-mail shots from 3wisemonkeys. If you have received e-mail shots you do not want you can opt out of receiving information from 3wisemonkeys at any time by sending an e-mail informing us that you do not want to be included in any of our e-mail shots etc.